Friday, September 9, 2011

"Jetlagged" by Simple Plan, a song about dogs?

{caller} Hi, is this the request hour?
{radio station} NRJ FM!
{caller} Yes, I'd like to request a song for my wife, and I know I could probably choose from a million different songs in the world but instead I'd like to hear one from your list of 100 songs the big labels pay you to play over and over every goddamn day like a broken record, you know that one about stop breaking my heart, heartbreaker, or my heart, heart, heart, is so jetlagged. I just love the way the say heart three times, thats so original I don't think anyone has done that before. Thank you for giving me this freedom of choice where I get to choose what you tell me to choose over the air that gives the impression that you play what people want to.. [click!]

awwww... was it something I said? (calls back)

[ring] [ring]
{radio station} Hi, NRJ FM!
{caller} oh heloo [changing voice] I would like to request that song of yours
{radio station} which one, sir?
{caller} well it sounds like this .. [starts singing and barking like a dog]

ARFF! ARFF! ARFF!
songs that suck bad
ARFF! ARFF! ARFF!
dogs will bark at
ARFF! ARFF! ARFF!
turn it off faaasst..

{radio station} ummm I think you want to hear Jetlagged by Simple Plan?
{caller} No, this one had nothing to do with flying, it was more about dogs.. and it sounded like the kind of song you record really quickly when you have no musical inspiration left because you've been assimilated by life inside the music industry and and just want to put something out there for an album so you can keep raking it in and sporting the hoes.
{radio station} uhhh sorry sir, yo should call back when you find the
{caller} ARFF!
{radio station} excuse me?
{caller} you know in the sixties and seventies music was spirituality and some higher ups decided it was too dangerous for people to feel alive so they decided to start paying people like you to play music that effectively kills our soul and makes us stupid. That's their simple plan.
{radio station} goodbye! [click]

No comments:

Post a Comment