Monday, September 12, 2011

The best affordable cure for dry hands

Do you get chapped dry hands from washing them too much? I have to wash my hands several times a day when in the shop and they would dry out so bad my wife didn't want me to touch her anymore. The cure? Mineral oil. Mix in a half a bottle of baby/mineral oil into your liquid soap or lather your hands with the oil before the soap. The trick is that the mineral oil will let you wash and scrub away at your hands as much as you want while protecting the natural oils in your skin from washing away. Many products want you to apply moisturizers to restore what you should already have naturally, but most of them make it worse after five or ten minutes of relief. Some people don't have this problem at all because the oils in their skin aren't as soluble and stay put. So protect your hands with this cheap dollar store solution and wash less with cold water. Let me know how it works out for you! I'm sure you'll find your skin will feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment